Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Refreshing Iced Watermelon Mocktails






Hey everyone!
How was your week? I've been flat out working and preparing for my sister-in-law to be's Hens weekend! The wedding is in eight days and everything is getting really exciting and a little bit hectic! I still have a few decisions to make about my look for the wedding, bridal shower and hens night... Oh well, there are worse things to think about.

For those who aren't Australian, tomorrow is Australia Day which is like my favourite public holiday. The weather is usually nice and hot, all my friends are free and there is always the Triple J Hottest 100 count down to listen to. This year I genuinely have no idea what song will be number one, but I'm sure that when it's announced I'll probably claim I guessed that all along haha.
Anyway... so as I mentioned Australia Day is usually hot. And with my brothers wedding coming up I don't exactly want to drink anything overly sugary. So tomorrow you can find me sipping these deliciously refreshing Iced Watermelon Mocktails! They taste fruity without being too sweet and did I mention they're refreshing? I can literally drink these all day (okay, maybe not...).
This is also the type of drink where you can just wing it with the ingredients, like I never measure anything out.
But here is a rough idea of the measurements you use to get enough for 2 people.

- 400g of watermelon, chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups of lemonade
- 6-10 strawberries 
- 2 handfulls of ice

I then blend everything in my blender. I generally use the smoothie setting, but will switch to an ice crushing setting if the ice gets a bit stuck.
And thats all there is. It's super quick to make and very little mess which are two things I love in a recipe.
Hope you love this drink as much as I do.
With Love,
From Rachael xx


No comments:

Post a Comment